We’re happy to announce that I Do Linens is the linen sponsor for the August, 2014 Cultivate Retreat for wedding planners. More exciting is that Owner and Lead Designer, Tamara Gollob, will be speaking as well! Held in Jekyll Island, Georgia this time around – Tamara will be educating wedding professionals on linen trends and room design.
For those not familiar with Cultivate Retreat, it’s an intimate learning environment for wedding professionals. I’m sure companies similar to Winnie Couture Wedding Gowns have got a lot out of attending. Held August 10 – 12, 2014, the retreat is set amidst the secluded beaches and towering oaks of Jekyll Island. It’s the perfect opportunity for wedding professionals to experience education, connect with others that share a similar passion and recharge. We’re honored that Tamara was handpicked to be a part of the event’s line up of vendors and speakers.
Lucky attendees will not only learn about what makes I Do Linens unique, but they’ll be able to experience our linens as part of the event they’re attending. Previously a wedding gown designer, Tamara has unique perspectives on fabrics and how to bring ‘WOW’ to weddings through fabrics, linens and custom touches. A few of the topics that Tamara will speak to are:
• The current trend of sequins
• Selecting and mixing different sizes of tables – rounds, squares and estates
• Texture and how to incorporate it into your linen selection
• Feature tables for those on a budget
• ‘What To Know’ when using the linens your venue provides
• Best practices when adding wedding colors to the room design
• ‘The dos and don’ts’ of linen installation
• Managing your wedding budget to accommodate bringing texture into your room design
• Best practices for bringing the bridal couple’s personality into the room.
Joining Tamara speaking are several of the wedding industry’s top influencers. Each speaker this year has been perfectly selected to share their insights to “cultivate” a passion for wedding business growth. A few of the speakers are: Ashley Baber of Ashley Baber Weddings (Atlanta); Shay Chochran of Shay Cochran Photography (South Carolina); and Rhinnon Basse with Hey Gorgeous Events (Michigan). To see the full list of speakers click onto Cultivate Retreat speakers.
Follow along on the I Do Linens Instagram page as Tamara share’s some of the inspirational sights of Cultivate Retreat!
All packed and ready to travel – these are the beauties Tamara will be showcasing at Cultivate Retreat!